Britt Deckert takes the stand in his own
murder trial this week.
Also in this week's newspaper:
- A study released Monday by State Auditor Adam Edelen finds many of Kentucky's rural and community hospitals struggling financially. So where do the hospitals in Marion and Salem fit in and what might the future hold?
- The county's top two elected officials are making a federal case out of U.S. 641.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, and Family Court Judge Brandi Rogers wants to raise the community's awareness to the problem.
- Lawmakers report on the final work of the 2015 session of the General Assembly.
- The ladies auxiliary of the local VFW post recognizes Vietnam Veterans Day.
- What's the Word on the Street?
- Ex-teacher feature: Helen Springs was hands-on with students for more than 30 years.
- Forgotten Passages: Brenda Underdown examines the history of Chapel Hill Church.
- Ministry offers hope to prisoners.
- The Rockets baseball team notches its first district win.
The paper hits newsstands this afternoon.