For the 79 graduating seniors, baccalaureate services will be held tonight at Rocket Arena. Class night follows on Thursday and commencement wraps up the activities on Friday. All events start at 6 p.m. at the arena.
Also on Friday will be the induction of two new members to Crittenden County Distinguished Alumni. One graduated from Marion High School and the other, soon to be the youngest member of local "achievement hall of fame," received her diploma just 13 years ago. Both scholars will be honored at a luncheon Friday.
But there's much more going on in Crittenden County to be read about in this week's edition of The Crittenden Press, including:
- Census estimates drop in Marion's population. Also find population estimates for other area cities.
- Lady Rockets earn first-ever 5th District crown.
- Two to be recognized as Crittenden County Distinguished Alumni.
- Foster, Beavers lead class of 79 graduates.
- Chamber of Commerce holds annual awards banquet.
- Crittenden 1 of 28 counties better off than before Great Recession.
- High school dropout age raised to 18 this fall.
- Youth summer meal program begins June 1.
- Smithland woman charged with theft.
- Local woman wins Atmos contest.
- Reports of scams continue to flow into sheriff’s office.
- Former Marion man named president of college.
- Bright outlook for soybeans, corn this year.
- County’s cost to provide health insurance up 8.3 percent.
- Emmanuel Baptist Church has a new pastor.
- Memorial Day marked in Crittenden County, with photos.
- High school students get jump on college, careers