Students applying for admission to MCC must complete and submit the following general admission requirements:
- Application for admission.
- Skills assessment test (ACT, Asset, or Compass): Minimum scores for the nursing program on the ACT/Compass are as follows: - Reading: ACT of 20 or above and/or COMPASS of 85 or above.
- Official transcript(s) from any other college(s) attended, with completed transcript evaluation request.
- High school transcript or GED scores.
- Writing: ACT of 18 or above and/or COMPASS of 74 or above.
- Math/algebra: ACT of 19 or above and/or COMPASS of 36 or above.
- Submit a completed MCC Nursing Program application (received only at the Pre-Admission Conference).
- Submit a HESI A2 score of 75 or above for first semester applicants. Students must complete the following sections of the A2 exam: Math, Vocabulary, Reading, and Anatomy and Physiology. Contact the MCC Assessment Center at (270) 824-1702 to schedule a testing appointment. A study guide for the A2 exam may be purchased at the MCC Bookstore. The HESI A2 exam can only be taken once and the cost is $43.
- Cumulative GPA must be 2.5 or above.
All nursing students are required to pass a criminal background check upon admission into the nursing program.
Students in the Integrated nursing program are chosen through a selective admission process based on cumulative points. The admission evaluation form will be provided during each pre-admission conference.
For additional information about MCC’s Integrated Nursing Program, visit the Programs of Study page under the Academics tab on the college website at madisonville.kctcs.edu.