The Kentucky Department of Education has released names of the five candidates currently on the short list to be the state's next education commissioner.
- Kathleen Airhart, a deputy commissioner and chief operating officer for the Tennessee Department of Education;
- Buddy Berry, superintendent of Eminence Independent Schools in Eminence, Kentucky;
- Christopher Koch, interim president of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP);
- Lloyd Martin, chief executive officer for Universal Schools Solutions LLC, an education consultancy firm;
- Stephen Pruitt, senior vice president of Achieve Inc., a nonpartisan, nonprofit education reform organization.