The KSP utilizes traffic safety checkpoints to promote safety for motorists and to provide a deterrent for those who violate laws contained in the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
The intent of a traffic safety checkpoint is to provide a highly visible, public safety service focusing on vehicular equipment deficiencies, confirming appropriate registration and insurance of vehicles, and the valid licensing of drivers. Violations of law or other public safety issues that arise shall be addressed.
Drivers encountering a traffic safety checkpoint are requested to have their operator’s license, vehicle registration receipt, and proof of insurance readily accessible. Drivers with this information in hand can reasonably expect to be delayed for no more than a few minutes, as long as there are no violations of law, and depending on roadway congestion.
Listed below are the supervisory-approved traffic safety checkpoint locations in the Kentucky State Police Post 2 District:
- Ky. 297 at the U.S. 60 intersection
- U.S. 641 at the Crayne Post Office
- U.S. 60 at the Ky. 365 intersection
- Ky. 91 at the Ky.135 intersection
- Ky. 91 at the Ky. 139 intersection
- Ky. 126 at the Ky. 672 intersection
- U.S. 62 at the Lyon County line
- U.S. 41 at the Ky. 56 intersection
- U.S. 41A at the Ky. 56 / Ky. 873 intersection
- U.S. 41A at the Ken Williams Road intersection
- U.S. 41 at the Ky. 800 intersection
- Ky. 91 at the Ky. 1026 (Clark Store Sinking Fork Road) intersection
- Ky. 107 at the Ky. 1682 intersection
- Ky. 507 at the Ky. 508 intersection
- Ky. 109 at the M.J. Boyd intersection
- U.S. 62 at the Ky. 813 intersection
- U.S. 41 at the U.S. 62 intersection
- U.S. 41 at the Ky. 112 intersection
- U.S. 41A at the Ky. 630 intersection
- Ky. 70 at the Ky. 109 intersection
- U.S. 431 at the Ky. 176 intersection
- Ky. 181 at the Ky. 601 intersection
- U.S. 431 at the Ky. 70 (Browder) intersection
- Ky. 189 at the Ky. 70 (Front Street) intersection
- Ky. 81 at the Ky. 181 intersection
- U.S. 79 at the Ky. 102 intersection
- Ky. 181 at the Ky. 507 intersection
- Ky. 181 at the Chestnut Road intersection
Traffic safety checkpoint locations in the Post 2 District may also be located at its website: www.kentuckystatepolice.org/posts/press/post2_checkpoints.html.
Post 2 serves Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd and Webster.