Lions Club Fair | August 2-8
2015 Fair Catalog
When he was faced with the opportunity to purchase Marion Country Club, it was the golf equivalent of a hole-in-one.
“There’s a peace here I can’t find anywhere else,” said King.
After a few months of hammering out a purchase agreement, the sale of the club was finalized in mid-January. King arrived in Marion from California last month to take a seat at his clubhouse desk as chairman and CEO.
Read the whole story and more inside this week's edition of The Crittenden Press, including:
- Ex-trooper enters guilty plea Tuesday.
- Ordinance introduced to up city water, sewer rates.
- County woman seriously injured in Saturday crash.
- Fiscal court removes Mexico-area road from county maintenance.
- Surveying starts for new Smithland bridge.
- Judge sends 3 to jail, revokes probation of 2.
- Grand jury indicts man, woman.
- Smithland man allegedly breaks infant’s arm
- FORGOTTEN PAGES: Take a look back at Lilly Dale School.
- Local youth camp hosts 1,500.
- Dale Faughn to be recognized for poetry.
- Fohs Hall CAF to present "Jefferson Davis."
- ROCKET FOOTBALL: Blue bloods fill coaching staff.
- Former Bobcat shines with Team USA baseball at Pan Am Games.