|Summer Reading started Tuesday at the|
public library. Above, sisters Karlee and Emily
Hardin get down to business with some coloring
during the opening ceremonies of an Olympics-
themed summer of sharpening young reading skills.
For more on this story and the following headlines, pick up a copy of this week's issue of The Crittenden Press:
- FORGOTTEN PASSAGES: Hurricane Camp offers 128 years of history.
- Vets invited to appreciation luncheon.
- Crittenden Relay nears 2016 goal.
- Audit of sheriff takes issue with practices.
- OPINION: Flag Day reminder to stand for heritage.
- Schools close successful year, look ahead.
- CCES final 9 weeks honor roll.
- CCMS end-of-year awards presented.
- Culvert on Hurricane road to be replaced after camp meeting.
- Rains dampen farmers’ schedule.
- 36th Marion High Reunion July 2.
- County woman injured in wreck.
- Chamber discussing idea of farm-to-fork dinner featuring nothing but local tableware.
- Community Christmas classes slated.
- Salem man arrested for second-degree robbery.
- Woman’s Club earns 7 state awards.
- Library’s top 10 includes Amish fiction.
- SPORTS: End-of-season baseball, softball stats.
- Senior center monthly evening fundraiser set for tonight.
- Dual credit offered at no cost to students.