Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Horbelt returns to WPSD Local 6

Former WPSD Local 6 anchorwoman Jennifer Horbelt is returning to the television station in June after two years at KOAA in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  She will be anchoring Local 6 at 5 and Local 6 at 10 with Todd Faulkner.  Laura Emerson will continue to anchor Local 6 at 6 and The Nine.

While Jennifer has grown professionally and personally during her time at KOAA, including meeting and marrying her husband, Bobby Bonds, the pull to bring her family back together is strong. 

“My sister and her husband have just had their first child,” said Jennifer.  “Preparing for this amazing event made it clear that I, and especially my mother, needed to move closer so we could be a regular part of each other’s lives again.  I feel very fortunate that I have the opportunity to make that happen.”

“I am pleased to welcome Jennifer home,” said Bill Evans, Vice-President of News and Operations.  “She is a trusted news anchor and a veteran reporter who has covered some of the biggest stories in the region.  Jennifer knows our hometowns and has a passion to report the stories that are relevant to us.”