Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Heading to Nashville? Beware of I-24 issue

Tennessee Department of Transportation plans to close a short section of the eastbound lanes of Interstate 24 and State Route 237 (Rossview Road) near Clarksville in Montgomery County to prepare for bridge removal.

During the closure, I-24 eastbound traffic will be restricted to one lane and use the on- and off-ramps at TN SR 237 as a detour.

Starting at 8pm Friday until 5am Monday I-24's eastbound lanes of I-24 and the TN SR 237 bridge over I-24 will be closed.

These operations will likely create lengthy delays for Kentucky traffic heading into Tennessee.

All traffic will be detoured off the interstate at Exit 8 and immediately back onto the interstate using the exit and entrance ramps. The bridge over the interstate will be closed to allow interstate traffic to maintain flow across the ramps. Although the ramps will be accessible, motorists are advised to plan ahead and utilize alternate routes, if possible.