Monday, July 9, 2012

WK Parkway ramp to I-24 closed


A contractor for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is stepping up work on Interstate 24 westbound at the I-69/Western Kentucky Parkway Interchange at I-24 Exit 42 in Lyon County. The I-69/Parkway ramp to I-24 westbound in this work zone has been reopening to normal traffic flow on weekends.  Starting today, however, the ramp to I-24 westbound will remain closed until the project to lengthen and widen the ramp is completed. Southbound/westbound traffic on I-69/WK Parkway will detour off at Exit 4 and travel westbound on U.S. 62 to access the I-24 westbound lanes at I-24 Exit 40.

Closing the ramp and detouring I-69/WK Pkwy traffic via U.S. 62 is designed to improve safety in this work zone for both workers and the public.

All westbound I-24 traffic continues to be moved to the left-hand or passing lane at mile point 41.6 in this work zone. I-24 westbound traffic continues to have a strictly enforced 55 mile per hour work zone speed limit with double fines and an enhanced enforcement presence.